How to set up SkyTrak simulatorReading Time: 6 minutes
How to set up SkyTrak simulator? The Skytrak Launch Monitor has been voted because the Finest Worth Golf Simulator by Golf Digest two years operating for lots of causes… It is extremely correct, has glorious golf simulator software program integrations, the relative affordability is off the charts… You get the purpose. However, one ignored function is that the SkyTrak may be very user-friendly and straightforward to arrange.
How to set up SkyTrak simulator?
Nonetheless, if it’s your first time getting a launch monitor or golf simulator setup, you may need numerous questions. On this information, we are going to stroll you thru what’s included within the field once you obtain your SkyTrak, assist you to perceive the SkyTrak unit itself, assist you to get related to your iPad or PC, reply frequent FAQs, and handle frequent errors and troubleshooting points our clients have with their SkyTrak Golf Simulator Packages.
Overview of the SkyTrak Unit
- Laser: Displays a red dot precisely where the ball should be placed during use
- Optics Lens: Reads the golf shot using photometric technology
- Ready LED: Displays green light when ready for the shot
- Wi-Fi LED: Displays light when Wi-Fi has successfully connected
- Power LED: Displays light when power has been turned on
- Power Button: On/Off Power switch for your SkyTrak Launch Monitor
- USB Port: Allows easy connection to your device in order to establish a Wi-Fi Connection
Out of the box, you are given a few things:
- The SkyTrak Launch Monitor
- USB Cable
- Quick Start and Product & Safety Information Guides
- Wall Charger
- WGT Golf Software Access Card (If Purchased)
Step By Step SkyTrak Set Up
Setting up your SkyTrak for the first time is as easy as 4 simple steps!
1. Charge your SkyTrak
First, find the charging port on the side of the SkyTrak and connect the Micro-USB charging cable (included) to it.
Once connected, the bottom LED light will illuminate yellow indicating the unit is charging. Make sure to charge your SkyTrak for at least 6 hours prior to first use.
When the unit is fully charged, the bottom LED light will turn off signaling that it is ready to go!
- SkyTrak’s Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery can operate for up to 5 hours after being fully charged.
- Ensure your SkyTrak unit always has a good charge. If the SkyTrak Battery is fully drained, it can reduce the long-term life of the battery.
- If three red LED lights show, this indicates that the battery is critically low and should be charged immediately.
- The SkyTrak may be connected to a PC via full USB to Micro USB cable (Included). This allows the computer to run a constant charge to the unit for all-day use.
2. Download the SkyTrak App to Your Device
You can also download here outlet-golf.com
3. Register your SkyTrak
Your SkyTrak mechanically features a 30-day membership to play together with your SkyTrak immediately. This trial offers you entry to the essential driving vary and practices session settings. As soon as this trial reaches the 30-day expiration date, you’ll need to finish the registration course of in response to the directions under:
- Open the SkyTrak app and sign up for your SkyGolf username and password.
- Your SkyTrak must be connected in Network Mode in order to complete the registration process
- Select the profile menu from the upper right corner
- Select about
- Select “Register Device” button
- Select “Yes, Register my Device”
- Select “Done” After receiving confirmation that your device has been successfully registered
Note: Once SkyTrak has been connected with the software on your device, all 3 LED’s will turn green and you will see the red laser dot appear on your desired hitting surface.
4. Pair SkyTrak with your Device (iPad or PC)
A. iPad Users:
You can pair your SkyTrak to your iPad in one of two ways:
- Via a Direct Wi-Fi connection – Follow the instructions in the SkyTrak software application to pair your iPad directly to SkyTrak via its Wi-Fi signal. Your iPad will NOT have an internet connection when connected in this manner.
- Via a Home Network Connection – SkyTrak can use your Wi-Fi home network to pair with your iPad by connecting to your wireless network router, just like your computer and mobile devices do. SkyTrak will communicate with the software on your iPad through your router. Plus, you will retain access to the internet on your iPad.
You can pair SkyTrak with PC in one of three ways:
- Via a Direct Wi-Fi Connection on PC – Click on the Wi-Fi signal icon on your PC and select SkyTrak from the drop-down menu, click connect.
- Via a Direct USB Cable Connection – Connect the micro USB cable to the SkyTrak device and a USB port on your PC
- Via a Home Network Connection
How to set up SkyTrak simulator? SkyTrak can use your Wi-Fi house network to pair together with your PC by connecting to your wi-fi community router, similar to your pc and cell units do. SkyTrak will talk with the software program on your PC by your router. Plus, you’ll retain entry to the web in your PC.
5. Projector Connection:
You are able to connect your SkyTrak to a projector in a few different ways depending on whether you are using an iPad or a PC:
- Use a Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect your iPad directly to your TV or projector
- Use an Apple TV or another AirPlay capable device. On your iPad, open the Control Center and choose AirPlay. Then select Apple TV and the iPad display will be transferred to the TV or Projector
- Use an HDMI cable to connect from your PC directly to your TV or Projector
Alignment & Ball Placement
SkyTrak has designed the only technique of ball placement available on the market right now. Merely place the ball precisely the place the pink laser mild is pointing and hit your shot, it is that simple! Please additionally be certain to comply with the following pointers to make sure correct studying of your shot:
- Make sure the SkyTrak is raised to be level with the hitting surface
- Place the SkyTrak exactly parallel to your intended target
- Use the recommended laser distance of 12″
- For optimal spin data readings, place the logo of the golf ball directly toward the SkyTrak Lens prior to hitting
SkyTrak Setup Tips – How to set up SkyTrak simulator?
- It is strongly recommended to hit off of a mat or hitting area that is meant for golf. If you intend to use a net, we recommend using a durable net that is designed to handle the speeds of full speed golf shots.
- SkyTrak is able to perform well in sunlight. If you are going to use in sunlight, try to avoid direct contact between the sun and the lens on your SkyTrak unit. If available, you may see better results hitting from a covered area
- Use a cleaned, white golf ball with a logo or line of some kind in order to get optimal readings of the projected ball flight
- If you are going to use SkyTrak outdoors, make sure to line up the unit to your desired target
SkyTrak LED lights mean
Our prides itself on offering the best SkyTrak customer service support in the industry. Get your SkyTrak Launch Monitor or your own all-in-one SkyTrak Golf Simulator Package today and we will be there to help you get your SkyTrak up and running!
Other Simulator products:
Other articles you might like;